Friday 3 May 2013

Another way !


I booked a taxi to collect me and my wife from Bristol
Airport to take us home to Bath – I am amazed that taxi firms still exist that appear to have some form of monopoly and offer such a bad service.
The car was not too old or too dirty but it had about three of those air freshener trees hanging from the inside rear mirror – I hate the smell and it makes my wife feel sick. I nearly asked the drive to stop and throw them away!
The driver had also been smoking so we had the stale smell of smoke as well.
The driver had the radio on and without asking turned the music up so it felt as though I was in some club !
His driving was ok but they do insist on driving very quickly – presumably so that they can get to the next job as quickly as possible.
Now, if there is a taxi company wanting to develop a service led proposition based on what the customer would like, I’d love to be able to help.
Providing new or relatively new, clean and comfortable cars, discussing with the customer their requirements for the journey, e.g. radio on or off, air con on or off, preferred route ?, making sure the passenger(s) are comfortable before setting off ……………
I’m convinced there is a gap in the market – any takers ?

No comments:

Post a Comment